Civic agencies and committees
Civic agencies and committees range from advisory committees on public art, fire and rescue services, to an urban design panel and a city planning commission.
All meetings are open to the public unless otherwise specified (in camera meetings are closed to the public). See the descriptions of specific civic agencies and committees for more information.
Volunteering to become a member of a civic agency or committee is one of the many ways residents can serve their fellow citizens, and contribute to the operations of the City of Vancouver.
Applications are now closed.
Information for potential and appointed volunteers:
- Active Transportation Policy Council
- Arts and Culture Policy Council
- Board of Variance
- Building Board of Appeal
- Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee
- Civic Asset Naming Committee
- Development Permit Board Advisory Panel
- Family Court-Youth Justice Committee
- First Shaughnessy Advisory Design Panel
- Gastown Historic Area Planning Committee
- LGBTQ Advisory Committee
- Multicultural Advisory Committee
- Pacific National Exhibition
- Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Public Art Committee
- Seniors Advisory Committee
- Urban Aboriginal Peoples Advisory Committee
- Urban Design Panel
- Vancouver Athletic Commission
- Vancouver City Planning Commission
- Vancouver Civic Theatres Board
- Vancouver Economic Commission
- Vancouver Food Policy Council
- Vancouver Heritage Commission
- Vancouver Heritage Foundation Board
- Vancouver Public Library Board
- Women's Advisory Committee
- YVR Aeronautical Noise Management Committee
For more information about one of the civic agencies and committees listed here please call the City of Vancouver call centre at 311.
Mayor's Advisory Committees
Past Mayor's Advisory Committees